The staff at Oelwein Dental Associates are absolutely amazing!!! I have had several invasive procedures done by Adam Kruger and every experience has been top notch. He followed up for several days after to check up on how I was doing. He is always kind, caring, professional and respectful. The ladies at the front desk are always there to answer a question and they greet you with a smile. The assistants are patient, kind, and compassionate. Especially to my three children. Going to the dentist is not a “scarey” thing anymore thanks to the staff at Oelwein Dental Associates. I would highly recommend their services for all your dental needs!!
A family vacation is a great way to unwind and relax. If you’re in closer quarters than usual, it may also make you aware of a family member’s snoring problem. If snoring is due to sleep apnea, their overall health can suffer. Fortunately, a sleep mouthguard can help.
Chronic snoring is one of the signs of sleep apnea, along with daytime fatigue, headaches, and episodes of gasping for air during the night. With obstructive sleep apnea, airways are blocked by the tongue or other soft tissues, causing frequent brief interruptions in breathing. The two most common treatment methods are a CPAP machine or an oral appliance (mouthguard).
Call our office at 563-677-6861 for an appointment in West Union, IA. Our dentists can help dad determine if he’d benefit from a mouthguard.
In the meantime, check out some benefits of treating sleep apnea with a mouthguard:
- Improved Overall Health – Research has linked this sleep disorder to numerous health issues, including high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, depression, and heart attacks. So your loved one’s health will likely improve after sleep apnea treatment.
- Better Rest at Night – Since the mouthguard will allow him to breathe easily throughout the night, dad will get a better night’s rest. He’ll wake up feeling refreshed, not tired. Since his snoring will stop, the rest of the family will sleep better too.
- Better Mood During the Day – The kind of sleep deprivation that results from apnea can lead to daytime fatigue, irritability, and a lack of focus. Once he is getting better sleep, your dad will also feel and perform better during the day.
- Easy Travel – A CPAP can be a real hassle on road trips. In contrast, dad can easily take a sleep appliance anywhere with him. It’s so small, it fits inside a pocket. He won’t need electricity or batteries. It is so discreet, no one will even know he is using it – even on a plane or in a tent.
- Less Impact on Lifestyle – Most people find it easier to adjust to a mouthguard than a CPAP. It is less restrictive, since there is no mask or tubing. There is no noise to bother dad or a bed mate. A mouthguard also won’t dry out his mouth and throat the way a CPAP can.
- Simple Maintenance – Cleaning a mouthguard couldn’t be easier. You just brush it with soft-bristled toothbrush and mild soap. Cleaning a CPAP is more complicated.
Think dad may need a sleep mouthguard? Call West Union Dental Associates at 563-677-6861 to schedule an appointment for him. Or call our Oelwein location at 319-209-9295. You can also schedule online (West Union) or schedule online (Oelwein).