The staff at Oelwein Dental Associates are absolutely amazing!!! I have had several invasive procedures done by Adam Kruger and every experience has been top notch. He followed up for several days after to check up on how I was doing. He is always kind, caring, professional and respectful. The ladies at the front desk are always there to answer a question and they greet you with a smile. The assistants are patient, kind, and compassionate. Especially to my three children. Going to the dentist is not a “scarey” thing anymore thanks to the staff at Oelwein Dental Associates. I would highly recommend their services for all your dental needs!!
The beginning of a new year is a time when many people think about self-improvement. If you’re one of them and are making resolutions, may we suggest making some that will result in a better smile?
If you need to make an appointment to visit our office, call us now at 319-209-9295 for Oelwein Dental Associates or 563-677-6861 for West Union Dental Associates. In the meantime, check out our suggestions for improving your dental health:
- Replace Missing Teeth – When you lose teeth, it affects how your smile looks – but also how it functions. It can cause other teeth to shift out of their proper position. It can also make it difficult to eat certain foods, including healthy (and crunchy) fruits and vegetables. You’ll find numerous options for replacing teeth at our office. For teeth with an almost completely natural feel and function, we recommend dental implants. Unlike other kinds of teeth replacements, implants also keep you from losing bone mass in your jaw.
- Stop Smoking – This habit is bad for your body and bad for your smile too. It makes you more prone to cavities, gum disease, and tooth loss. It also results in chronic dry mouth and bad breath. Make 2024 the year you stop smoking. Your dentists are happy to discuss some suggestions that may help during your next exam.
- Straighten Crooked Teeth – When your teeth aren’t straight, it’s harder to brush and floss. In addition, a misaligned bite can cause problems like jaw pain and headaches. At our office, we offer clear aligners. This type of orthodontic treatment is more convenient and comfortable than braces, and straightens teeth in less time too.
- Stop Grinding Your Teeth – Many people grind their teeth, often while sleeping. This habit can result in a sore jaw. It can also damage teeth by wearing down the enamel. In some cases, teeth even get cracked or broken by grinding. We can fit you for a custom-made mouthguard that will stop your grinding and protect your teeth.
- See Us Regularly for Exams and Cleanings – You need to see us every six months for a dental exam and cleaning. The exam gives us a chance to identify any problems in their earliest stages when they are easiest to treat. The cleaning removes the bacteria and plaque that causes cavities and gum disease. For additional protection against cavities, ask us about dental sealants and fluoride treatments.
Ready for a better smile? Call the location most convenient to you: