Here at Oelwein Dental Associates, we’re here to focus on general dentistry as a whole. So we’re able to provide a wide variety of services, just under one roof, which is so convenient for our patients. Because so many times it’s not just, you know, you need a filling or you need something else. You may need a variety of treatment options or treatment choices. So being able to provide those for our patients is great that they don’t have to travel very far. They can take it all right here.
Coming in for the six-month cleaning and being routine on your dental care is important to really catch things earlier on. We want to be as minimally invasive as possible in dentistry. So, you know, let’s try to do a smaller filling instead of having to do a root canal in a crown, things like that. But the less tooth structure we take away in dentistry is actually the best.
Your Smile Will Stay in Great Shape With General Dental Care
When you come in for your first appointment, the dental assistant will discuss your oral health history and any problems you are experiencing. Next, we’ll take any needed X-rays with our digital equipment. It exposes you to less radiation and captures clear images of your mouth. Then we’ll move forward with a checkup that may include:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – You’ll get a thorough cleaning that removes plaque and tartar build-up from your teeth. We’ll also examine your mouth for signs of gum infection, tooth decay, or oral cancer.
- Preventive Treatments – We may recommend preventive treatments if your teeth require extra protection. Fluoride treatments strengthen your tooth enamel so it resists harmful acids or bacteria. Dental sealants protect the chewing surfaces of your teeth from cavities.
- Dry Mouth Solutions – If you struggle with chronic dry mouth, we’ll recommend products that can help. It’s important to treat this condition since dry mouth makes you more prone to cavities and other problems.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If you show signs of gum infection, we’ll have you schedule another appointment to eliminate the disease. We’ll perform a deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing to restore your gum health. We’ll follow up with an antibacterial product to prevent further infection.
Modern Technology Improves Your Patient Experience
Our practice has invested in modern technology to improve your patient experience. In addition to digital X-rays, we also use:
- Ultrasonic Cleaning – This advanced cleaning technology removes tartar from your teeth. It’s faster and more comfortable than scraping with hand tools.
- 3-D Technology – To plan for treatments, 3-D technology captures the details of your mouth. It can also be used to get impressions of your teeth without a tray of messy goop.
- CEREC System – Our in-office milling machine creates dental crowns in one visit. You won’t have to return for your customized restoration.
- Intraoral Camera – We can get a close look inside your mouth with this tiny camera. It’s great when we need to explain the purpose behind specific treatments.
- Laser Technology – We use laser technology in many of our treatments. It’s less invasive and reduces your risk for post-operative infection.