The staff at Oelwein Dental Associates are absolutely amazing!!! I have had several invasive procedures done by Adam Kruger and every experience has been top notch. He followed up for several days after to check up on how I was doing. He is always kind, caring, professional and respectful. The ladies at the front desk are always there to answer a question and they greet you with a smile. The assistants are patient, kind, and compassionate. Especially to my three children. Going to the dentist is not a “scarey” thing anymore thanks to the staff at Oelwein Dental Associates. I would highly recommend their services for all your dental needs!!
Eat the Foods You Love Thanks to Implants
Getting dental implants is a life-changing procedure. That’s why you want an implant specialist to place the artificial tooth roots in your jaw. In addition to being a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Dr. Adam has successfully completed implant procedures for countless patients. You’ll benefit from his knowledge and expertise to restore your fully functional smile.
We use the latest dental equipment, such as computer-guided technology, to place your implants precisely and successfully. Dr. Adam will also use digital X-rays and 3-D scanners to ensure you have the bone strength for implants. If you’ve suffered bone loss, you may need a bone graft or similar procedure to replenish the bone you’ve lost in your jaw.
If you are a good candidate for implants, your dentist will discuss your options. They include:
- Implant-Supported Crown – A single crown paired with an implant can replace a single missing tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – We can anchor your dental bridge to implants instead of nearby healthy teeth.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – You can enjoy the benefits of implants but still have the ability to remove your dentures. They’ll just snap into place on top of implants.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Your dentures will feel and function like regular teeth. They are secured to implants with a sturdy metal bar. They stay fixed in place, and you’ll care for them with simple brushing and flossing.
- All-on-4 Dental Implants – We can replace an entire arch of teeth by using just four implants. It’s less likely to require bone graft in preparation. You also heal faster because fewer implants are involved.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction – Patients with complex dental issues can get their smile back in excellent shape. Reconstruct your mouth with a customized plan that includes restorative, cosmetic, or other procedures.
If you are nervous about getting your implants, sedation is available. Laughing gas takes the edge off your nerves. It fades at the end of your appointment. Oral sedation gives you a deeper sense of calm. However, you will need to arrange for a ride home as the sedative will leave you groggy. Your dentist will discuss which is right for you, depending on your level of anxiety. We also have TVs you can watch while we work! It keeps you distracted from the sights and sounds of our equipment.